Saturday, May 2, 2015

New Contributor: Meagan

by Meagan

From Faust: Scene II
Tell us a bit about yourself.
In addition to game dev and freelance illustration, I also work part-time in a university archive handling cool old stuff. 

Why visual novels/interactive fiction?
I’m trained as an oil painter, actually, and I have a strong interest in digital art and visual storytelling.  Visual novels seem like the perfect way to combine those interests and bring my 2D art to life.

What was the last thing you worked on?
I did some illustrations for Detective City, a Twine game made for Global Game Jam 2015.  I’m also the background artist and UI designer for the upcoming fantasy VN Queen At Arms.
 
Working on anything right now?
My current personal project is Faust: Scene II - an all-female kinetic novel adaptation of a scene from Goethe’s Faust.
   
What are a few of your inspirations (artistic, literary, games)?
Oh gosh, umm…. Northern Renaissance painters, medieval manuscript illumination, the Pre-Raphaelites, Golden Age illustrators, weird atmospheric games like Year Walk and Limbo, and story-driven indie horror RPGs like Ib and Mad Father.  That’s the short list, anyway.
 
Other interests?
Goth subculture, heavy metal music, mythology, folklore, and world religions.
 
Plant, animal or mineral?  
Animal, I suppose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment